quad precision question

Stu Anderson 425-865-3595 slaaredwood.rt.cs.boeing.com
Thu Sep 28 09:41:34 PDT 2000

I guess I should have phrased my question better.  I know why the
RS6000 and SGI numbers are different from HP and Sun.  I wanted to
know why the RS6000 and SGI numbers are different from each other.

>               radix digits minexponent maxexponent
>
> RS6000          2    106        -968        1024
> SGI             2    107        -915        1023

Thanks.

--Stu Anderson
stu.andersonaboeing.com -- Mathematics and Computing Technology
http://www.rt.cs.boeing.com/MEA/comp_math/sla/
http://www.halcyon.com/stuander/
Who speaks for Boeing?  Not me!