Java numerics issue

Dean Schulze schulzeacassini.LPL.Arizona.EDU
Thu Jan 30 16:01:07 PST 1997

Arthur,

    I've been curious to know why complex numbers were left out
of Java.  Since there is no operator overloading the syntax for
working with, for example, objects of type ZDouble will be pretty
ugly.

    Is there any chance that complex numbers could be added to the
language in the future or have they been frozen out?

Dean Schulze

  "You plot the growth of the NEA [National Education Association] and
  the dropping of SAT scores, and they're inversely proportional.
  The problems are unions in the schools.  The problem is bureaucracy.
  I'm one of these people who believes the best thing we could ever do
  is go to the full voucher system."

    Steve Jobs
    Wired Magazine, Feb. 96
    http://www.hotwired.com/wired/4.02/features/jobs.html