numerical analysis FAQ

David G. Hough at validgh dgh
Sun Mar 17 21:51:48 PST 1996

from NA Digest:

From: Steve Sullivan <sullivanairinga.Mathcom.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:55:19 -0700
Subject: NA Frequently Asked Questions

A FAQ (frequently asked question list) on numerical analysis is
now available.  It covers sources, texts, web sites, and other
resources for numerical analysis, symbolic algebra, and associated
fields.  I welcome contributions, reviews of software or texts,
and the like. ...

This FAQ is usually available from rtfm and its mirrors:
  ftp: rtfm.mit.edu  /pub/usenet/news.answers/num-analysis/faq/part1

If not, it is at:
  ftp: ftp.mathcom.com  /customers/mathcom/na-faq

Again, I welcome contributions.  If you have experiences to share
in using a numerical software package, or if you would
like to recommend a text or web site, please let me know!