info from WG14 London meeting

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Sun Jul 25 04:52:40 PDT 1993

1. The ne macro was changed to nor_eq.

2. The %: digraph stays as is.

3. A new predefined macro __STDC_VERSION (I think that's the spelling)
based on similar in POSIX was added. It's format is yyyymm limiting us to
only one new revision per month!

4. The letter ballot on the digraph/MSE addendum was 6/3 with UK,
Netherlands, and Sweeden voting No. UK and Netherlands don't want digraph
stuff at all while Sweeden wants it improved. We figure the best consensus
we can get (whether we keep or drop digraphs) will be 7/2.

5. We got through all the Defect Reports but one (I think) including
several new ones.

6. The Summer meeting of WG14 will be in Tokyo either July 13-15 or 20-22.

Rex

(703) 860-0091  |           Rex Jaeschke              | C and C++ Seminars
rexaaussie.com  |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | and Consulting
                |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     |