Position announcement of ncegacray.com?

Sun Ming Lieu uunet!cygnus.com!smlieu
Fri Jan 29 10:19:39 PST 1993

Hello.  I am the engineering manager at Cygnus Support, a small
but fast growing company in Mountain View, California in the business
of providing services based on free software, especially the
GNU C and C++ compilers (gcc, g++) and the GNU debugger (gdb).

We are always interested in technical talent, and currently are trying
to find two to three compiler and debugger group project managers
(or leaders).  I would like to reach the former SSI folks, but they
apparently do not have email.  David Hough at Sun recommended a posting
to ncegacray.com, and mentioned that you are the keepers of the list.
Would you be willing to post the following announcement, or some
part thereof?

If I can provide any additional information, please contact me at
the addresses below.  Thank you for your help.

Cygnus Support
1937 Landings Drive                             CYGNUS
Mountain View, CA 94043

Direct: +1 415 903 1419                         Sun Ming Lieu
Fax:    +1 415 903 0122                         Director of Engineering
Email:  smlieuacygnus.com

Cygnus Support is the leading supplier of commercial support for free
software.  Our sales have more than doubled each year since we were
founded in 1989, and we have main offices in Mountain View, CA and
Cambridge, MA.

We support GNU and other free software through all phases of the
product lifecycle.  We develop new programs, port existing code to new
platforms, and extend it to fit customer requirements. We provide end-user
support - stable, shrink-wrapped releases, bug fixes, documentation, and
phone support.  All our work is free software and receives wide
distribution and use throughout the computer industry.

We continue to grow quickly, and are always interested in finding the best
people to join our team.  Currently we have openings in

     PROJECT MANAGER - COMPILERS                 Mountain View, CA
     PROJECT MANAGER - DEBUGGERS                 Mountain View, CA
     PROJECT MANAGER - RELEASE MANAGEMENT        Mountain View, CA
     CUSTOMER SUPPORT MANAGER                    Mountain View, CA

     PROJECT MANAGER - DEVELOPMENT TOOLS         Cambridge, MA

Finding the right person is more important to us than finding someone who
meets a precise job descriptions.  Here are some general requirements.

   * 3 years experience in software management with strong
     organizational and people skills
   * Proven track record in product development, maintenance,
     and release in Unix and C/C++ environment
   * Familiarity with working in multi-architecture and OS
     environment a must, cross development experience a plus
   * GNU experience a strong plus

And here are some qualities we will not compromise on:

   * Dedication to the quality and success of your project and
     your people
   * Positive, hands-on, can-do attitude, and the willingness
     to be an integral part of an exciting and fast-paced organization

Tell us how you and Cygnus Support can fit with each other.  A resume
and salary history would be helpful also.  You can reach us at:

     Cygnus Support
     1937 Landings Drive
     Mountain View, CA 94043.
     FAX 415-903-0122
     Email: resumesacygnus.com  (ascii, postscript, TeX okay)