March ASX subgroup meeting arrangements

David Alpern uunet!MasPar.COM!alpern
Wed Jan 20 11:33:48 PST 1993

                                                              X3J11.1/93-004

                                                                David Alpern
                                                 MasPar Computer Corporation
                                                              (408) 736-3300
                                                           alpernamaspar.com

                                                            January 19, 1993

The Array Syntax Subgroup of X3J11.1 (NCEG) plans to meet March 8-10.
Arrangements have been made for this meeting at the Hotel Sainte Claire,
corner of Market and San Carlos streets in "downtown" San Jose, CA.

Room reservations may be made by contacting the hotel at (800) 824-6835.
King bed rooms are available for $105 per night.  I've been told there
are also queen bed rooms for $95.  The hotel requests reservations be
made by February 6.

Downtown San Jose has a concentration of restaurants and varied entertainment,
in an area small enough for everything to be comfortable walking distance.
Parking is available, but generally is charged for.  The hotel provides
shuttle service to and from San Jose International Airport; if you'd prefer,
the cab ride from the airport is usually about $10.  You can likely do
comfortably without renting a car unless you have plans outside downtown.

Weather in early March is unpredicatable.  We've been having a wet year so
far, so I'd suggest being prepared for rain.  Temperatures might vary from a
bit above freezing up to the high 60s depending on where the weather systems
are coming in from that week.

If you need any other information or assistance, please contact me or
Sandra Knight at MasPar.

- Dave