New Journal: Interval Computations

David Hough uunet!Eng.Sun.COM!David.Hough
Mon Jan 11 10:47:32 PST 1993

via Bill Walster:

From: nestanit.spb.su (Slava Nesterov)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 13:11:17 +0300
Subject: Interval Computations

      |                An International Journal                |
      |                  INTERVAL COMPUTATIONS                 |
      ---------                                       ----------

A refereed  international journal,  "Interval Computations"  is the only
periodical  in  the  world  devoted  specifically  to various aspects of
interval, reliable  and self-validating  computations. It  is printed in
Russia and managed  by an international  editorial board from  Bulgaria,
Germany, Japan, Russia,  and the United  States. The circulation  of the
journal is now 1000 copies. The copies are distributed in  approximately
30 countries throughout the world. The journal contains items related to
theoretical  research,  computer  tools, applications, interdisciplinary
research and other relevant areas.

Languages of publication are English  and Russian, with at least  70% of
the articles in English. All articles have abstracts in both languages.

The Editorial Board includes:

G.ALEFELD (Karlsruhe, Germany)
B.S.DOBRONETS (Krasnoyarsk, Russia)
R.B.KEARFOTT (Lafayette, LA, USA) -
Official representative in the Western Hemisphere (e-mail: rbkausl.edu)
S.M.MARKOV (Sofia, Bulgaria)
E.A.MUSAEV (St. Petersburg, Russia) -
Executive Editor (e-mail: eldaralomi.spb.su)
M.T.NAKAO (Fukuoka, Japan)
V.M.NESTEROV - Editor-in-Chief (e-mail:  nestanit.spb.su)
H.RATSCHEK (Duesseldorf, Germany)
S.M.RUMP (Hamburg, Germany)
A.L.SEMENOV (Moscow, Russia)
A.O.SLISSENKO (St.Petersburg, Russia)
A.G.YAKOVLEV (Moscow, Russia) -
Managing Editor (e-mail: yakovlevagloblab.msk.su)
V.S.ZYUZIN (Saratov, Russia)

Address of the Editorial board: Box 52 St.Petersburg, 195256 Russia
E-mail: nestanit.spb.su                         Fax: (812) 234 48 52

The Journal contains:
---------------------

- original papers,
- surveys,
- reports on new computer tools,
- bibliographies,
- reviews of new books,
- letters to the editor,
- information about scientific meetings,
- advertisements of software and hardware.

Information for authors:
------------------------

The text of the paper may be in English or in Russian. The paper  should
be preceded by the title, the names of each author, and the abstract (up
to 12  lines). References  should follow  the text  of the  paper in the
order they were mentioned in the  text. The total length of the  article
is not  limited, though  long materials  may be  divided into  parts for
publishing in different issues of the journal.

To  speed  up  the  editorial  work  on  the  manuscript,  the author is
encouraged to send  a computer file  containing the text.  The format of
the file may be arbitrary, but TeX-prepared text is preferred.

All papers submitted for publication  are subject to review, and  may be
accepted, rejected, or sent to  author for revision. To help  defray the
cost  of  high  quality  production,  INTERVAL  COMPUTATIONS levies page
charges  of  $35  per  page.  Payment  of  these charges is appreciated;
however,  acceptance  of  a  paper  for  publication  does not depend on
payment.

Bibliography of Soviet Works on Interval Computations:

In order to help East-West communications, the Editorial Board  supports
a bibliography of works published in Russian in the former Soviet Union.
These works date from the very beginning of interval research in  Russia
to the present. The  Editorial Board  can organize  translation or  just
copying of desired works.  Orders from both institutions and  individual
researchers are accepted.  Terms and prices, as well as the bibliography
itself,  are  available  free  via  electronic  mail  from  our official
representatives via electronic mail:

Prof.Dr.R.Baker Kearfott:
        rbkausl.edu
Mr.Dmitri Shiriaev:
        dimaaiamk4508.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de

For persons with access to INTERNET, the bibliography and ordering
information are available via FTP as follows:

FTP to usl.edu, log on as an "anonymous" user, then issue the following
commands:

cd pub/interval_math
get orderfrm.asc
get biblist1.asc
get biblist2.asc

These files have the following sizes:

orderfrm.asc   3429 bytes
biblist1.asc  39879 bytes
biblist2.asc  62337 bytes

Special Issue Parallel Algorithms for Interval Computations

Guest editors: Andrew Bernat and Vladik Kreinovich

Computer Science Department
University of Texas at El Paso
El Paso, TX 79968, USA
phone: (915) 747-5470
fax:   (915) 747-5616
email: abernatacs.ep.utexas.edu
       vladikacs.ep.utexas.edu

This  special  issue  will  focus  on  parallel  algorithms  of interval
computation and their implementation.  Papers devoted to application  of
such algorithms to scientific, engineering and data processing  problems
are welcome.

Proceedings of "Interval'92"
----------------------------

An  international  conference  on  interval  and  stochastic  methods in
Science  and  Engineering  (Interval'92)  was  held  in  Moscow, Russia,
September 22-26,  1992.   Recent advances  in the  field of interval and
stochastic methods, their  computer implementations and  applications in
science  and  engineering  were  presented.   Sessions  included   panel
discussions, paper  sessions and  a round-table  discussion on  interval
statistics.

The proceedings  of the  conference will  be published  as two issues of
"Interval Computations",  and will  be sent  to all  subscribers of  the
journal. Non subscribers may order   these issues separately for  $32.00
US total for both.

Subscription information:
to any 4 issues, from the  first still available issue or later.   Issue
#1 for 1991 is already out of print, so you may subscribe from issue  #2
for 1991, or from any issue for  1992.  The subscription price is for  4
issues and postage.  Postage cost depends on the method of delivery.

                 Western Hemisphere      Europe, Asia and Africa

Price for 4 issues    US$ 38.--                 DM 60.--
Surface mail          US$  6.--                 DM 10.--
Air mail              US$ 10.--                 DM 15.--
Express mail          US$ 38.--                 DM 60.--

Thus, a typical order for 4 issues, delivery via air mail costs
US$48.-- / DM 75.--.

conference Interval'92,  send this  completed order  form, along  with a
check for the appropriate amount, to our official representatives:

In the Western Hemisphere               In Europe, Asia and Africa

R.Baker Kearfott                        Dmitri Shiriaev
Department of Mathematics               Institut fuer Angewandte Mathematik
University of Southwestern Louisiana    Universitaet Karlsruhe
U.S.L. Box 4-1010 Lafayette,            Kaiserstrasse 12, W-7500
LA 70504-1010                           Karlsruhe 1
USA                                     Germany
Office: (318) 231-5270                  Tel.: +49 (721) 377935
Home:   (318) 981-9744                  Fax:  +49 (721) 370928
E-mail:                                 E-mail:
        rbkausl.edu                     dimaaiamk4508.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de

You will receive a receipt, along with ordered issues of the
International Journal.

E-mail: __________________ (desirable)