(SC22WG14.323) Re: reaction to Variable Length Array Proposal

James Crotinger uunet!moonshine.llnl.gov!jac
Thu Feb 11 11:58:12 PST 1993

>   ... but out of fairness they should be understood.
>
> Agreed.  They should be understood for what they are.

  I think you're missing the point. People want to convert their
libraries to C while retaining the same API so as not to break
customer applications. The whole world is not going to convert to C
overnight, and if C can't easily interact with Fortran, then it
probably doesn't have a prayer of becoming widely accepted for
numerical computing.

  Jim