A few thought regarding Cray's "Variable Length Array Proposal"

Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) uunet!BRL.MIL!gwyn
Thu Feb 4 11:47:35 PST 1993

I don't see any problem with requiring the dimension argument to come before
the array argument.  As it now stands, C programmers aren't writing these
functions, because they are not supported.  If in order to write them they
would have to follow a few simple rules, such as having the dimensions come
first, that would be easy to live with.  In fact it's an easy rule for users
to remember.  If it would help gain implementor acceptance then I'm all for
it.