A few thought regarding Cray's "Variable Length Array Proposal"

uunet!fun.com!spider uunet!fun.com!spider
Thu Feb 4 10:17:04 PST 1993

 > Date: Wed, 3 Feb 93 20:00:54 -0500
 > From: rmsagnu.ai.mit.edu (Richard Stallman)
 >
 > rfg has objected to the same part of the VLA proposal that I objected
 > to, the one that deals with order of arguments.
 >
 > I know you have seen my proposals for how to modify just that one part.
 >
 > When you respond to criticism of that part by offering Prosser's
 > totally different scheme as if it were the only possible alternative,
 > you are in effect pretending that options such as I proposed are
 > unthinkable.
 >
 > I think you should rewrite your reply, taking account of the alternatives
 > that you should have acknowledged to begin with.

Thus spake the voice of GOD.

-- Stephen Saroff: saroffamsc.edu
-- Minnesota SupercomputerCenter,Inc
-- 1200 WashingtonAve S; Minneapolis,MN 55415
-- 612/626 1854 Fax:612/624 6550