Info from the Kona meetings last week

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Sun Dec 12 12:53:20 PST 1993

Waiting for me when I returned from Hawaii, was an invoice for J11
membership for 1994. The $150 documentation fee is a significant increase
over last year. Here's why: we now include all WG14 and J11 docs in the
mailing and, starting Jan 1, all docs relating to the old J11.1 group. And
since we're ramping up to revision mode, we can expect larger mailings.

Keep in mind that the doc processing fees are allocated to our committee
only. Any surplus is carried forward to the following year, NOT spent on
other committees' mailings.

Also, ANSI will bill us each ANOTHER $300 for the '94 international fee
sometime soon. You must pay all membership fees to maintain membership
status.

A number of people have asked how they can get mailings without paying the
$600 ($300 X3 + $300 ANSI) fee. As far as I know, THERE IS NO WAY to do
this. X3/CBEMA does the mailings and they won't mail to anyone who isn't
fully paid up.

The nceg E-mail reflector will continue and will cover issues that came
out of the old X3J11.1. However, all J11 members will be REMOVED from that
reflector and the X3J11 reflector will be added in place. Therefore, any
postings to nceg will ALSO go to J11 members, but NOT WG14 members at this
stage. General C std issues should be posted to the wg14 reflector which
copies the x3j11 reflector. US-TAG specific issues should be posted to the
x3j11 reflector only.

David Keaton (dmkadmk.com) has become the leader of the compound
literal/extended initializer subgroup.

Starting with the Dec '94 meeting, all ISO WG14 and ANSI X3J11 meetings
will be joint with 2 out of every 3 being in the U.S. This meens that J11
members who cannot get funding for international travel can still maintain
their attendance records for voting purposes.

Since all future mailings of J11/WG14 will be joint, please obtain BOTH a
WG14 AND X3J11 document number from P.J. "Bill" Plauger AND send ALL papers
to him (NOT to Tom Plum). Bill is at:

	P.J. Plauger
	398 Main Street
	Concord MA 01742

	(508) 369-8489
	pjpaplauger.com

His fax number is in the Kona meeting minutes.

At the next J11 meeting (San Jose, CA in June) we will give immediate
voting privileges to those J11.1 members in good standing who have not
previously been members of J11. The only comapanies that come to mind are
Taligent and IBM and I believe the situation regarding IBM will be
resolved before then. If anyone else believes they are entitled to this
special treatment, let me know asap.

Rex

(703) 860-0091  |           Rex Jaeschke              | C and C++ Seminars
rexaaussie.com  |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | and Consulting
                |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     |
Chair of the ANSI C committee X3J11 (which now incorporates X3J11.1) and
member of the US delegation to the ISO C committee SC22/WG14.
C/C++ editor for DEC PROFESSIONAL magazine.