LIA Integer and FP arithmetic draft std

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Sun Aug 29 07:22:41 PDT 1993

I just received the latest draft of LIA (language independent arithmetic)
Part 1: Integer and Floating Point Arithmetic ISO/IEC DOS 10967-1:1993. It
has been through 2 cds and is headed for registration as a DIS. Last
round, the US voted NO and from what I can tell, the US comments have been
addressed.

I have asked Fred Tydeman (IBM) to produce a response on our behalf since
he has been involved in critiquing this (and related X3T2 stuff) before.

If you want more information I suggest you contact Craig Schaffert of
Digitial Equipment Corp., at:

	schaffert!crl.dec.com

Rex

(703) 860-0091  |           Rex Jaeschke              | C and C++ Seminars
rexaaussie.com  |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | and Consulting
                |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     |