International Fees revisted

Doug Gwyn (VLD/VMB) uunet!BRL.MIL!gwyn
Thu Oct 29 11:42:49 PST 1992

I agree that the additional fees are outrageous, and I haven't paid the
"retroactive" bill for the U.S. Army's participation -- let them sue us.

As I read the explanatory letter, the extra $300 was meant to support
international junkets by ANSI bureaucrats.  In these days when all our
budgets are pinched, I think we should send these parasites a clear
message -- we're using our money to do the work and have not assigned
those bureaucrats the new job they decided that the worker bees should
finance.  They're simply not entitled to spend our money to live in the
style to which they wish to be accustomed.