Does anybody have latest version of Alex Liu's ELEFUNT package?

uunet!iravcl.ira.uka.de!S_JUFFA uunet!iravcl.ira.uka.de!S_JUFFA
Tue Nov 24 04:57:01 PST 1992

Hi there!

I am a student of computer science at the University of Karlsruhe. I am
very much interested in floating-point arithmetic, and right now I am
looking into several test programs for fp arithmetic. For the elementary
functions, I already acquired Cody&Waite's ELEFUNT test suite. However,
there is a much improved ELEFUNT version done by Alex Liu at UC at
Berkeley, which has been used by several companies (e.g. Weitek) to
test their elementary functions library. I have an offer by UC Berkeley
to buy a copy of Liu's 1987 paper for US$30, but I would rather have an
electronic copy of his paper and test programs. Steve Sommars of AT&T was
so kind to send me the version he kept around, but it is marked preliminary
(version 0.9) and was released before Liu completed his paper.

So could anybody please provide me with a pointer where to look for Liu's
ELEFUNT test suite (ftp-sites)? Or maybe someone could provide me with
his email address, so I can contact him directly? Any help is very much
appreciated.

Norbert