Re- Variable-Length Array P

Peter S. Shenkin uunet!avogadro.barnard.columbia.edu!shenkin
Wed Jul 8 07:14:34 PDT 1992

> ...Don't forget
> that you have to get this accepted by the rest of the C community, which
> is likely to be less than enthusiastic about radical changes for the sake
> of Fortran compatibility (rather than functionality).

I believe the issue goes beyond Fortran compatibility.  Restricting the
programmer's ability to order function arguments in any way he sees fit
impacts the clarity of code.

	-P.
Peter S. Shenkin, Department of Chemistry, Barnard College, New York, NY 10027
(212)854-1418    shenkinaavogadro.barnard.columbia.edu   shenkinacunixf.BITNET
******************** The singular of "media" is "medium". ********************