NCEG vs Numeriks

Tom MacDonald uunet!hemlock.cray.com!tam
Tue Jul 28 08:05:32 PDT 1992

> we could ask David Hough to ungateway NCEG.

As always there are two kinds of people, those that divide people
into two groups and those that don't.  I happen to be one of those
that divides people into two groups.  The two groups are: those still
interested in NCEG and those still planning to vote for H Ross himself.
Besides, you can't ask David to remove the nceg link, I can invoke his
numeric list at will.  I have all the power!

All kidDIng aside, I think there is a solution that doesn't fill
me with the fear of receiving hundreds of Email requests from
people wanting to be added to the NCEG Email list because they no
longer receive it through the numeric list.  I've already spent too
much time responding to enquiries from people wondering why they get
two copies of all nceg Email.  I delete the duplicates from the NCEG
list and this takes care of the problem.  Now I want to avoid just
cutting everyone off that is only on the numeric list and not directly
on the nceg list.  I guess I also want to avoid sending out a message
that says send Tom MacDonald Email if you still want to get nceg Email.

My suggestion is that David create a separate list that is invoked
through the numeric list.  He already has both `numeric-nonsun' and
`numeric-sun' that are invoked through the numeric list.  This new list
could be `numeric-nonceg' or `numeric-hross' or something like that.
If you want just numeric information then you are added to the new list.
That way you shouldn't receive any NCEG propaganda on Politically
Correct C (PCC).

Of course this is easy for me because I don't have to do anything.
David may have another opinion.

your-humble-nceg-email-servant-avoiding-work-ly yours,

Tom MacDonald
tamacray.com