SLC meeting details

Rex Jaeschke uunet!aussie.COM!rex
Fri Jan 31 10:04:12 PST 1992

	X3J11/X3J11.1/WG14 C Standards' Meeting Information

When:	May 11-12 1992 X3J11.1 (NCEG)
	May 13-15 1992 X3J11/WG14

Where:	Radisson Hotel
	Salt Lake City Airport
	2177 West North Temple
	Salt Lake City, UT 84116
	(801) 364-5800

Rooms:	30 rooms have been reserved at $68 + tax. When making a
	reservation, ask for the DECUS group rate. This block of rooms will
	be released on April 13th so make your bookings before then to be
	certain of a room.

Facilities: Each guest room has a coffee maker, refrigerator, and hair
	dryer. A continental breakfast is included each morning in the
	restaurant. Complimentary cocktails are served each evening from
	5-7 pm. There is a pool, jacuzzi, and exercise room.

Transportation: The hotel is about 5 minutes from the airport and they
	have a bus/van. Call them from the phone in the baggage area at the
	airport once you have your luggage. This service is available 24
	hrs a day. The hotel is about 15 mins from downtown SLC.

Evening meetings: We have the meeting rooms all day and evening so if any
	subgroups want to use them to meet they can. This also applies to
	the Sunday evening of May 10th.

Things to do: SLC is a very nice city with lots of things to see and do. At
	this time of the year I expect the weather to be great.

Need more information?: Mike Terrazas of DECUS is hosting the X3J11/WG14
	meeting. He lives in SLC so if you need information about the area
	contact him on terrazasaeisner.decus.org.

	If you have X3J11.1 (NCEG)-specific questions contact me, Rex
	Jaeschke, at rexaaussie.com. Regarding X3J11, contact Tom Plum at
	plumaplumhall.com and for WG14, Bill Plauger at pjpaplauger.com.

*** Note *** Right now we have NO meeting host for the X3J11.1 NCEG
meeting. DECUS is ONLY hosting the X3J11/WG14 part. As we have no active
members in that city we will have to pay for it ourselves somehow. For the
time being I am underwriting the cost, which is expected to be about $450
worst case, $350 at best. I already have one member company agree to help
out with the cost so if any of you could also see your way clear to kick in
$50-100 (without needing lots of paperwork to get reimbursed) let me know.
The one thing I absolutely DON'T want to do is to charge each attendee a
pro-rated amount.  Apart from the administration that would take, we have
invited X3J11 and WG14 members too and it would be rude to charge our
guests.

As a continental breakfast is included with the room rate I have decided
to have NO food or beverages catered before the start of the meeting each
day.  There will, however, be tea/coffee at the morning breaks and sodas
in the afternoons.

Rex

Rex Jaeschke     |  Journal of C Language Translation  | C Users Journal
(703) 860-0091   |        2051 Swans Neck Way          | DEC PROFESSIONAL
rexaaussie.COM   |     Reston, Virginia 22091, USA     | Programmers Journal