Meeting of the NCEG (X3J11.1) "Array Syntax" subgroup

James Frankel uunet!Think.COM!frankel
Sat Feb 8 09:56:23 PST 1992

The NCEG (X3J11.1) "Array Syntax" subgroup would like to hold a meeting before
the next NCEG meeting in Salt Lake City.  The objective of the meeting is
to move closer to consensus of what the array syntax language should look
like.  Thinking Machines has volunteered to host the meeting in Cambridge,
Massachusetts for three days: Monday, March 30, Tuesday, March 31, and
Wednesday, April 1.  To help us determine if there probably will be enough
attendees for the meeting to occur, please send me email (frankelathink.com)
or phone me at (617) 234-2754 BEFORE FRIDAY FEBRUARY 21, 1992.  It is only
necessary to mail or phone me if you are planing to attend.  Please leave
voice mail if I'm not at my desk.

Thinking Machines is located near Kendall Square in Cambridge at 245 First
Street.  This is at the corner of First Street and Athenaeum Street.
Thinking Machines Corp. (TMC) is within easy walking distance of the Kendall
Square/Cambridge Center/MIT stop on the red line (subway) and the Lechmere
stop on the green line (the red line is the better subway line to take).  It
is easy to take the subway from the airport if desirable -- simply take the
free white MassPort bus with blue stripe which stops at the subway (blue line).

Here is information on the three closest hotels to Thinking Machines:

	Cambridge Marriott (walking distance to subway and TMC)
	Royal Sonesta Hotel (walking distance to subway and TMC)
	Hyatt Regency Cambridge (requires taxi, car, or hotel shuttle bus)

Thinking Machines Corporation has a very special corporate rate of $85 per
night with the Hyatt Regency Cambridge.  While the other two are
within walking distance of TMC, the Cambridge Marriott and the Royal
Sonesta, their regular corporate rates are between $100 and $125 per
night and are subject to change without notice.  Please mention that you
are making your reservation for a meeting at Thinking Machines to get the
corporate rates.

The Hyatt Regency offers a shuttle directly to Thinking Machines every
morning at 8:35 am, arriving at TMC at 9:00.  They also have an hourly
shuttle whose route includes a stop at Kendall Square.  We have been very
pleased with the quality and service provided by the Hyatt, and their new
special corporate rate for Thinking Machines makes them by far the most
attractive of the three closest hotels.

Here are the local phone numbers for all three hotels.  If anyone encounters
difficulty in obtaining corporate rates, please contact Susan Winer Slavin at
TMC directly by phone ((617) 234-1000) or email (wavinaThink.COM).

Hyatt Regency Cambridge
575 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA
Tel 617-492-1234