Conference: Num. Anal. with Automatic Result Verification

Kearfott Ralph B uunet!usl.edu!rbk5287
Sat Dec 5 17:24:02 PST 1992

                                 Update

  Conference on Numerical Analysis with Automatic Result Verification

                          Lafayette, Louisiana

                   February 25 through March 1, 1993.

A preliminary program, as the names, addresses, and email addresses of
speakers, and a description of the social events are now available.
These can be provided through regular mail or in Plain TeX and ASCII formats,
via FTP as follows:

1. FTP to usl.edu

2. The information is in /pub/interval_math/conference as follows:

    a) nametime.tex gives an alphabetical listing by first author,
       with time of the talk.

    b) schedule.tex gives a chronological list of author names and
       titles, with session names as headings.

    c) topics.tex gives a listing of the titles of the talks,
       divided into subject areas, and with addresses and Email
       addresses of authors.

    d) authors.tex gives an alphabetical listing by first author, with
       titles, addresses, and email addresses.

    e) social.tex gives brief information about the social events, as
       well as other important conference information.

    f) overall.asc gives a "schedule at a glance" in ASCII format.
       Warning:  schedule.asc has records (lines) which are 106
                 characters long.

We will send the documents in printed form upon request.

The Lafayette Holidome has told me that the block of rooms will remain
available until February 4.  Please make reservations accordingly.

The National Science Foundation has officially provided funds.  These
funds are meant primarily to encourage graduate students and young
researchers within the United States, but without other funding, to
attend.  We strongly encourage such persons to apply for support.  It is
also still possible to schedule presentations.

To request support, send a statement of interests and a short vita.
State whether funds are needed immediately, or if reimbursement is
adequate.  Include a social security number.  We prefer to receive the
requests via Email, if possible.  Send the information to:

rbkausl.edu

or to:

R. Baker Kearfott
Interval Methods Conference
Department of Mathematics
University of Southwestern Louisiana
U.S.L. Box 4-1010
Lafayette, LA 70504-1010

Phone: (318) 231-5270
Home : (318) 981-9744  (Recommended from 12/18/92 to 01/04/93.)

Members of groups underrepresented in the mathematical sciences in the
United States are particularly encouraged.