Bounced Mail (fwd)

Tom MacDonald uunet!fig.cray.com!tam
Mon Oct 28 08:11:28 PST 1991

The following is a message I received about Email resolving Email problems
with the NCEG Email distribution facility:

> >Re-  ncegavalidgh.com
>
> Tom,
>   I received your message regarding bounced messages that people felt
> was caused by the CRI mailer. From those messages I have extracted the
> errors. Please let me know if you have additional questions or if we
> can assist you with any other e-mail problems or concerns. Thank you.

Several people sent me problems they have encountered with the NCEG
Email distribution facility.  I asked the mailer people to look into
these issues and they think they have addressed the problem.  Please
let me know if there are more problems in the future.  I will attempt
to resolve them.   Sometimes they take time so I ask for some
understanding as we sort out these problems, and I appologize in advance
for any inconveniences they may cause.

I have noticed that Email isn't like the US mail.  There isn't any of this
"neither rain nor hail nor dead of night" stuff.  Most of the time it
goes through, sometimes it bounces back, and sometimes it disappears
into the great wide open.  It's still the most useful tool we have for
exchanging ideas and, with that, I encourage everyone to continue thinking
and expressing their thoughts.

go-twins-ly yours,

Tom MacDonald
tamacray.com