Arrays as first class citizens

uunet!cup.portal.com!pls uunet!cup.portal.com!pls
Mon Dec 30 22:29:05 PST 1991

This is prompted by a comment RMS made about reserving one of the proposed
VLA syntax for use when arrays become full citizens of the langauge.

Seems to me that question is one this group should consider. Has anyone
done an examination of what this involves?

It seems to me long past time that this extension has been made. If we're
not going to do it, at least let it be a conscious decision rather than
the result of an unconscious assumption.

    ++PLS