C++ digraph <>

Michael Meissner uunet!osf.org!meissner
Mon Dec 9 06:52:33 PST 1991

Boundyaapollo.com writes:

| Here's a strawman proposal.  ( I wish I could find the article that first
| proposed the "a" unordered, but I can't.  Apologies for the lack of
| attribution. )
|    1. Add "a" as the "unordered" predicate, and add "<>" as a synonym for
|       the traditional "not equal".

'a' is a bad idea, since it is a national replacement character, and
then you would have to add a trigraph for it also.  This would break
the ANSI standard, which said the list of specified trigraphs, are the
only ones there are.

--
Michael Meissner	email: meissneraosf.org		phone: 617-621-8861

You are in a twisty little passage of standards, all conflicting.