ANS X3.42-199X

Nelson H. F. Beebe sun!science.utah.edu!Beebe
Wed Jul 11 22:14:23 PDT 1990

SIGPLAN Notices, v25, n7, p. 2, July 1990, states:

"X3 Announces the Revision of X3.42.199X,
American National Standard for
Representation of Numeric Value in Character Strings for
Information Interchange"

In view of the recent activity on this list directed toward
high-quality, and exact, conversions between internal and
external forms of floating-point numbers, I wonder if this
ANSI effort is relevant?  I've not seen it myself.  Does it
acknowledge the existence of Infinity and NaN?
-------