[Granville-Hough] Another Writer in the Family

bonnym at bellsouth.net bonnym at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 22 07:13:55 PST 2020

Bonny Hough Miller is delighted to announce the publication of her first
full-length book in May 2020. Augusta Browne: Composer and Woman of Letters
in Nineteenth-Century America is the first comprehensive biography of any
American woman musician born before the Civil War. She proudly joins other
authors in our family: Granville W. Hough, Nancy C. Hough, Dorothy Anne
Neville, April Pulley Sayre, and Thomas F. Richardson. You can read some of
Bonny's writing on her website https://www.bonnymillermusic.com and find a
link to order the book with a discount code.

Bonny has published articles in Journal of the Society for American Music,
Notes (Music Library Association), Journal of Singing, and Piano Quarterly.
She also contributed book chapters to Beyond Boundaries: Re-Locating Music
in Early Modern England and Cecilia Reclaimed: Feminist Perspectives on
Gender and Music. She is a recipient of the Janet Levy Award for Independent
Scholars from the American Musicological Society.

You can reach Bonny at bonnym at bellsouth.net <mailto:bonnym at bellsouth.net> .
Bonny and Jerry Miller will be relocating to Columbia, SC, in 2021. Jerry is
a South Carolina native and a graduate of the University of South Carolina,
so we regard this move as a homecoming.