[Granville-Hough] 6 Mar 2010 - Granville Hough memorial service attendance

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Tue Mar 6 05:36:48 PST 2018

Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 13:21:22 -0800
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Granville Hough memorial service attendance

We are continuing to plan the memorial service for Granville Hough on
March 20 in Laguna Woods, CA.

First, we'd like to know how many are planning to attend so we can plan
the reception.
Members and friends of Lutheran Church of the Cross should communicate
with the church
office; everybody else who's planning to attend in person should let us
know this week.   We know that
age and distance are a barrier for many, especially those who knew
Granville as a child or youth;
we trust you will be there in spirit.

Second, among those attending, perhaps some would like to speak about
one special remembrance of Granville
during the service.       Granville was emphatic in his desire for a
short and simple service,
so please plan to be brief!    We are thinking of organizing the
remembrances along the lines of the major
phases of his life -

  * farming and forestry
  * us army
  * cal state university fullerton
  * retirement with Carol
  * retirement after Carol's passing

Pastor Leland will be coordinating the spoken remembrances by members of
the church.
Everybody else who would like to speak should let us know this week.

Thank you for your continuing kind thoughts and support!

David Hough and Bonny Miller