[Granville-Hough] 15 Feb 2010 - LATINO OC 100 List for 2007

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Thu Feb 15 05:28:52 PST 2018

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 08:14:49 -0800
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Fwd: LATINO OC 100 List for 2007- 15 Feb 2010

  One of the unusual honors of my life was one which I did not apply
for, did not expect, and was in such poor health that my friend Ed
Brockett had to drive me to the reception. My daughter and I had
completed 8 volumes of a compilation of Spanish soldiers whose
descendants could apply for membership in the National Society of the
Sons of the American Revolution. I worked with Mimi Lozano in getting
them published. I was one of a few non-Latinos on the list. The eventual
plan was to get all the groups together after five years and have a
grand banquet, with the most ranking USA government official available.
I hope the plan goes through and hope the best for our Latino
compatriots. As I have gotten to know them, I do not see them as illegal
immigrants, but as brave and courageous patriots who will form the corps
of our Armed Forces in the future. Granville W. Hough