[Granville-Hough] 20 Oct 2009 - Lest We Forget

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Fri Oct 20 05:25:45 PDT 2017

Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 07:46:12 -0700
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Lest we forget - 20 Oct 2009

    Courtesy of Jo Russell, granddaughter of Uncle Rufus and Aunt
Missouri (Dukes) Hough, in 2007..

*President George W. Bush was scheduled to visit the Episcopal Church
 outside Washington as part of his campaign to restore his pathetic poll
standings. His image handler made a visit to the Bishop and said, "We've
been  getting a lot of bad publicity because of the president's position
on stem cell research, the Iraq war, hurricane Katrina, and the Veterans
Administration.  We'll make a $100,000 contribution to your church if
during your sermon you will say that the President is a saint."

The Bishop thought it over for a few moments and finally said, "The
Church is desperate for funding - I'll do it."

Bush showed up for the sermon, and the Bishop began:

"I'd like to speak to you all this  morning about our President who is a
liar, a cheat, and a low-intelligence weasel. He took the tragedy of
September 11 and used it to frighten and  manipulate the American
 people. He lied about weapons of mass destruction and invaded Iraq for
oil and money, causing the deaths of  tens of thousands and making the
United States the most hated country on earth.

He appointed cronies to positions of power and influence, leading to
 widespread death and destruction during Hurricane Katrina. He awarded
contracts and tax cuts to his rich friends so that we now have more
 poverty in this country and a greater gap between rich and poor than
we've had since the Depression.

He has headed the most corrupt, bribe-inducing political party since
Teapot Dome.  The national surplus has turned into a staggering national
 debt of 7.6 trillion Dollars.  Gas prices are up 85%, which the people
of America cannot afford with low minimum wages, part time jobs, no
 health insurance, and outsourcing. Vital research into global warming
and stem cells is stopped cold because he's afraid to lose votes from
religious kooks.

He is the worst example of a true Christian I've ever known, but
compared to Dick Cheney...

George W. Bush is a saint."*