[Granville-Hough] 13 Oct 2009 - Theodore Roosevelt on immigration and assimilation

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Fri Oct 13 06:13:14 PDT 2017

I couldn't find a general story email from my father for this day,
but he did receive some correspondence about statements Theodore
Roosevelt made on the subjects of immigration and assimilation.
He asked me to look up the facts, commenting:

> It does not ring true to me because Teddy took certain
> actions against black soldiers in order to retain his Southern popularity.

You can read what Snopes has to say here:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/troosevelt.asp

As you can read, Roosevelt was heartily in favor of immigration and
assimilation, both still controversial topics today.

David Hough