[Granville-Hough] 26 May 2009 - Longevity Advice

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Fri May 26 06:09:42 PDT 2017

Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 07:34:13 -0700
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Longevity Advice -26 May 2009

Advice freely given at age 81, renewed at age 86.
I am back on Lasix, which I hope will give me better nights of
sleep.  The other diaretic got me up every two to three hours.  No other
change.  There is a new drug in clinical testing in place of
coumadin/Warfarin/rat poison; but FDA has not yet approved it.  It is
also better for those with atrial fibrillation, which I now have.  So we
hope for some changes by this fall.  (note for 2009: this new drug did
not work well, and I am still on Warfarin)
     My weight with clothes was 182, and my blood pressure 120/65.  So
life goes on at age 81. (note for 2009: Fluid retention has become a
problem, and I have been about 195 in weight for three years.
     The British had a funny encouragement for the troops in WW II, or
at least it sounded so to me at the time.  It was: "keep your pecker
up!"  My son, David Hough, states it was from a line in the
Gilbert-Sullivan play, "Trial by Jury," which dates to about 1870. So my
advice to
younger folks about longevity is: "Keep your weight down and your pecker
up!"
     Love to all.  Grampa.

PS. "Take it from a businessman.  The war on drugs is just money down
the drain." Gary E. Johnson, Governor, NM (1995-2003)