[Granville-Hough] 23 Mar 2009 - Begetting

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Wed Mar 22 06:03:54 PDT 2017

Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 07:31:08 -0800
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Begetting (1999) 23 Mar 2009.

About ten years ago while my wife Carol could still focus on current
events, I had this exchange with my son David about his children's
experience in Bible School.

Grandma loves to hear stories of Kendrick and Susanna, and one little
story like that of the phone call to Sam and Maria (the other
grandparents) keeps her in a fine
mood all day.  So keep up the stories, even just what the weather is
doing in San Jose.
        For some reason this story of Bible School from my youth came to mind.
Some young teenager was sent to Bible School, with parents hoping to
refocus his mind on moral lessons to be gained from the scriptures.
Of course, Bible School began with Genesis and continued through the old
books of the law and Hebrew genealogy.  After the first week, the
teenager was asked what lessons stood out.  "Well," said the teenager,
"everywhere I read, they were begot or begetting.  There must have been
a tremendous amount of begetting or begatting going on, here, there,
everywhere.  After everybody gets begot, there may be some other
lessons I can tell you about."  So it is all in the eye of the beholder.