[Granville-Hough] 18 Jun 2009 - Tom and Veda Richardson, 60th Aniversary

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Sun Jun 18 06:02:04 PDT 2017

Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 07:11:49 -0700
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Tom & Veda Richardson, 60th Aniversary, June 18

It is my pleasure to recognize cousins Tom and Veda Richardson who, this
day, are completing 60 years of marriage.  That is not their main
accomplishment.  They have become leaders for the New England branches
of our family. They have become leaders in other areas of interest to them.

I want to thank all of Uncle Tom and Aunt Pearl's family for helping me
at West Point.  I was a natural farmer, or forester, not a soldier; and
the routine at West Point slowly wore me down.  The high points were the
visits from Uncle Tom's family to West Point, and my visits to their
home in New Haven

May God bless Tom and Veda and all their family!!

=====

A major milestone will be accomplished this week by Tom and Veda
Richardson of Nashua, NH.  They will be celebrating their 60th
wedding anniversary this Thursday.

Tom Jr. is the son of Tom & Pearl Richardson, formerly of New Haven
CT and Poplarville MS.  Veda is the daughter of Fred and Florence
Lane, formerly of Hamden CT.

Tom & Veda were married on June 18, 1949 in Hamden.  After living in
Georgetown and Columbia SC, Williamstown MA, Auburn NY, Concord NH
and Holden MA they settled down in 1966 in Nashua NH.  Along the way,
they managed to raise Tom 3, Harvey, Hamilton, Ann and Gilbert.

Tom and Veda have been the long-time anchor and matriarch / patriarch
of their branches of the extended Richardson and Lane families.
Their generosity in organizing and financing numerous family
activities, most notably the annual July 4th family gatherings here
in New Hampshire, have been instrumental in bringing family members
together.

Their quiet but substantial support of numerous charities and needs
has been most generous.  Among the beneficiaries of their assistance
have been the Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, Rivier College,
Girls Incorporated, The Society for the Protection of New Hampshire
Forests, family cemeteries in Mississippi, Tom Sr's  Richardson-
Hartley-Arender and Related Families book and numerous other worthy
causes.

They have also been generous and understanding with assistance and
guidance on family needs and business ventures.  Their dedication to
quality education has been demonstrated by their founding of Delta
Education, Inc., Tom's membership on the Board of Directors of Rivier
College and their substantial support for quality educations for
their grandchildren.

Perhaps most importantly they have set a high standard for their
children, grandchildren and others to attain in their own lives.

In 1999, we celebrated Tom & Veda's 50th Wedding Anniversary with a
major celebration that spanned a long weekend and included many
members of the extended family.  For their 60th Anniversary Tom &
Veda have requested that no large event take place.  We will
celebrate with a dinner gathering of immediate family.