[Granville-Hough] 28 Feb 2009 - How we witness

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Tue Feb 28 05:54:34 PST 2017

Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 10:23:12 -0800
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: How we witness - 28 Feb 2009

I did not get my income taxes done in Feb but I am
ready to start.  It generally takes me a week, along with other routine
tasks.  I continue to reflect on the nature of God and meaning of life.
I can say: "Good Morning, God, how are you today? Thank you for taking
care of the earth while I got a good night's sleep.  Please guide me in
this day to do your will. Amen!"

This is the last day of February, 2005, and it is a good day to
summarize.  The month was noted for the heavy amounts of rain we
received.  My sister-in-law got around to sending Sara Hough the Crazy
Quilt.  David, Brenda, and Kendrick visited during the rainstorms, I did
my income taxes.  We had a good power breakfast with Nancy.  I did data
entry on Rev. War sailors.  I did my bible study stories on Saul, David,
and Solomon for the Alzheimer's patients.  My favorite Steckelberg
in-law cousin and SAR Compatriot,  Richard Rice, died in Missouri.
    We do not know the nature of God, whether male, female, old, young,
black, white, but we can say we are here today as his witnesses.  How do
we testify for him?  We must each answer that question in our own way;
but my considered judgement is that I, personally, can do more by
example than I can do by exhortation.  It may be that your talents are
aligned differently, and that would be normal variation.  Let us all do
the best we can each day.  With love, Grampa..