[Granville-Hough] 15 Dec 2009 - President at Cousin Jack Richardson's Grave

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Fri Dec 15 05:45:53 PST 2017

Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 08:38:13 -0800
From: Granville W Hough <gwhough at oakapple.net>
Subject: Pres at Cousin Jack Richardson's Grave May 8,2005, -15 Dec 2009

         Jack Richardson was a platoon leader in Europe, killed in action
22 Mar 1945 in Holland; and he is buried
in the Netherlands American Cemetery at Margraten.  He was son of Uncle
Jim and Aunt Maggie Richardson, just about a year younger than I.  He
was a very personable and popular cousin, a real loss to our family.
His brother Bland of Utah has sent the message, and he is also survived by
his brother John Richardson of San Diego.
	(Yesterday 14 Dec 2009, my blood counts were 1.6 for WBC, 8.4 for HGB,
and 46 for platelets, all down a bit from last week.  It does look like
I will reach my 87th birthday next Thursday. )
          Granville

-----

President George W. Bush to Visit the Netherlands American Cemetery in
Margraten May 8, 2005 to Commemorate the 60th Anniversary of V-E Day
April 13, 2005

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
         President George W. Bush, will visit the Netherlands American
Cemetery
in Margraten, Netherlands, near Maastricht on May 8, 2005, where he will
offer remarks commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the end of the World War
II.  Also planning to be in attendance will be Her Majesty Queen Beatrix of
the Netherlands and the Prime Minister of the Netherlands, Dr. Jan Peter
Balkenende.
        President Bush's visit to Europe will honor the shared sacrifice of
millions of Americans and Europeans to defeat tyranny, and mark the growth
of democracy throughout the continent. The President's trip will also
underscore the common commitment of the United States and our European
allies and partners to work together to advance freedom, prosperity, and
tolerance in Europe, its neighborhood, and beyond.
       While in the Netherlands, the President will also hold bilateral
meetings
in conjunction with his trip. President Bush will then travel to Moscow,
Russia to participate in another World War II commemoration ceremony and to
meet with President Putin. The President will conclude his trip with a visit
to Tbilisi, Georgia to underscore his support for democracy, historic
reform, and peaceful conflict resolution.
       Veterans of WWII and their families are invited to attend this
special
event at the Margraten Cemetery, and should plan to arrive at the Cemetery
early in the morning on May 8.
        For additional information, regarding this event or other upcoming
WWII
commemoration ceremonies, contact the World War II 60th Anniversary
Commemoration Committee at: 703-696-0120 or toll free at 877-868-2058.  More
information is also available at the Committee web site:
http://www.60wwii.mil