[Granville-Hough] Granville Hough born 18 December 1922

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough-trust at oakapple.net
Sun Dec 18 08:33:13 PST 2011

Granville would have been 89 years old today, an extremely old age in our
male line.    He gained 5-10 years by changing to very careful eating habits
in middle and old age, and thus was able to survive the heart disease that
is our genetic and cultural (for southerners) patrimony.      Let it be a lesson
to all of his male kin!

Today is the children's Christmas pageant, which he and Carol enjoyed at our
church and at theirs.     Next Sunday falls on Christmas Day.   That brings to
mind a Christmas that fell on Sunday, perhaps 1994,
when Granville was visiting.    He and I took
my children to church and we all read (not sang)
the words together of the Hallelujah Chorus.    We were trying to set an example
that we go to church on Sunday when we are at home, even (especially) on
Christmas Day when there aren't many folks there!

David Hough