[Granville-Hough] 21 June 2009 - 20 June 2004 - Father's Day

Trustees for Granville W. Hough gwhough at oakapple.net
Mon Oct 4 05:17:29 PDT 2010

Father's Day, five years ago.  Please God, Bless all good fathers, and
particularly bless those of us who remember things we could have done
better!

     Nancy invited me over to Ruby's for a Father's Day Breakfast, and
Nancy was very interested in my Bible Study presentation to the
Alzheimer's patients.
     It turns out that Nancy, after her years of listening to and
recording Bible Radio, is an authority on all the bible characters,
books, episodes, stories, etc.  If I have any problems, I can just refer
to her.
     I do thank David for directing me to the guides and lectionaries
available on the internet.  Just glancing through I saw the message for
Macedonia.  Now, Macedonia was way down in Covington County when I was
growing up, and I never
visted there; however, in the historic church in Asia Minor, it invited
Paul and Barnabas to "come over to Macedonia and help us," which I see
as a friendly and non-threatening way for modern churches to seek new
additions.  So, I shall incorporate, "Come over and help us at Aliso
Viejo Church of the Cross.  We need Sunday School teachers, we need
singers, We need you."
     Next Friday (in June 2004)my theme will be about the historic
churches (of the New
Testament, Corinth, Antioch, Macedonia, Sardis, Thessalonica, and any
others where I can find a suitable phrase) and the country namesake
churches I attended in my youth.