[Granville-Hough] 2 Mar 2009 - Hospice Role

Trustees and Executors for Granville W. Hough gwhough at oakapple.net
Wed May 26 05:53:15 PDT 2010

Thoughts about Hospice after Carol's Death, 17 Aug 2003.

     Today I mostly spent writing out my remarks and handout for the
Alzheimer's Support Group.
     About 1015, I will go to Aliso Viejo Church for Grandfather's Day,
(where I acted as Grandpa for a little pre-kindergarden child whose own
grandfather was not available, which was a great success as she got to
eat my ice cream as well as her own),
then return home to lunch and final changes on remarks and handout, then
to xerox copies of handout for the support meeting.
     I hope to be home by 4:00 to get my nap.
     I am not going to levy any complaints against anyone at Mission
Hospital.  Everyone I met there was doing their very best to do what
they had been trained to do.  It was just an educational update to me
that Hospice has now completely replaced in urban areas what used to
accepted as a Hospital function, to care for the dying.
     I was the one free to think, and I did not focus well on the most
important issues.  I was out of date with modern society, and how one
dies in it.  I can only apologize to Carol and all other members of our
family.