[Granville-Hough] 20 Feb 2009 - Grandma

Trustees and Executors for Granville W. Hough gwhough at oakapple.net
Fri May 14 06:22:53 PDT 2010

Carol Louisa (Steckelberg) Hough
(20 Feb 1928 Henryetta OK - 17 Aug 2003 Aliso Viejo CA)
The Lord gave us 56 and 1/2 years together.
Today she would have been 81 years old.

What does one say?  I do not know about others but I look forward to
being with her again.  I want to thank her for our children and for our
life together.  I want her to know her spirit lives on.

In some words taken from Numbers 6:24 I say to all struggling young
couples (and their supporters): "May God bless you and keep you The
Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you The Lord turn
his face toward you and give you and yours peace and understanding.
Amen!  Grandpa Hough husband of Carol (Steckelberg) Hough.

From: John Neville <jcneville at hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 01:07:54 +0000

Dear Uncle Granville

This morning Mother told me what she remembers about the day Carol was born.

 After waking up and getting dressed Charlotte and Dorothy were told by
their father that their mother wasn't feeling well and that he was going
to take them to the local kindergarten for the day.  So he bundled them up
in his car and took them over to Mrs. Gibbs' kindergarten - she ran it
out of her home.  When they arrived, Dorothy was placed in a high chair so
she could eat breakfast and Mrs. Gibbs asked her if she would like a muffit.
She had no idea what a muffit was but liked the idea very much
since she was never offered a choice of food when at home.
They played the day away on teeter-totters and swings until their father
came to get them.
When they got back to their house he said there was a big surprise waiting
inside for them.  Dorothy got very excited and started jumping
 and hollering so loudly that he had to tell her to be quiet.
Finally they went in the house and there was Carol!
Dorothy liked Carol so much that she drew a picture of her and went
around the neighborhood knocking on doors, showing it to everyone,
and telling them that she had a new sister.
For some reason, however, Dorothy told everyone that her new sister's
name was Mary, so half of Henryetta thought Carol's name was Mary
 and it took months to get that straightened out!