[Granville-Hough] Jim Shoulders and getting back home - 26 Jan 2009

Trustees and Executors for Granville W. Hough gwhough at oakapple.net
Sun Apr 25 06:47:14 PDT 2010

	Bonny and I went to see Dr. Okun for my weekly check and blood-letting.
  My White count was 1.5, about the same as last week and my Hemoglobin
was 9.9, the best it has been for a year, and platelets were 33, not
good but not alarming.  I got shots of procrit (for hemoglobin) and
neupogen for white blood counts and go back for the same next week.  (We
learned that both procrit and neupogen are new drugs in the cancer
field, used following their success with AIDS patients.  They were
developed in the 1980 decade for AIDS, and doctors began to wonder if
they might also work for cancer patients.  It seems they do to a certain
extent, and I may be one of many test cases.)

	For some of our relatives who do not follow rodeo events, Jim Shoulders
of Henryetta, OK, was World Champion Bull Rider for several years.  He
saved his prize money and invested it in cattle ranching near Henryetta.
  My wife, Carol (Steckelberg) was in school and high school with Jim
and members of his family.  She also attended the Methodist Church with
his family.  We had several family messages when Jim died in 2007.  John
Neville, Sr, my brother-in-law, was the one who met him at church in
Henryetta.