[Gocamino] Muxia vs Fisterra

mvwallis at xplornet.com mvwallis at xplornet.com
Sun Jan 18 16:07:46 PST 2015

The other interesting thing about Muxia is that this is where the
Prestige oil tanker disaster happened in the 2002. What a mess. You can
see the photos on Google - just look up Muxia Sea Disaster.

I was in Muxia for the 5th anniversary, and it was clear that this was
on people's minds a lot more than anything to do with the Camino. I got
a t-shirt that says Nunca Mais - Never Again, and had an opportunity to
talk with some of the locals, several of whom had become environmental
activists, who were affected by it.

It is a beautiful place, with marvellous seascapes.

Mary