[Gocamino] All the pilgrim numbers for the first 4 months of 2014

Johnnie Walker johnniewalker-santiago at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 09:08:37 PDT 2014

Hola
Greetings from Santiago where today the temperature is 23 degrees and the sun is shining!
We've been so busy I am later than usual reporting the cumulative figures. I'm sorry.
It
appeared in the first couple of months of the 2014 that due to persistent bad
weather numbers the number of pilgrims arriving in Santiago was reduced.

However
Holy Week and Easter were late this year and brought a bumper amount of
pilgrims to the city. In the 10 days from Viernes de Dolores (the Friday before
Palm Sunday) to Easter Monday 9,055 Compostelas
were issued by the Pilgrims’ Office.

The
figures for the first four months of the year are now available showing a 7% increase in pilgrims compared to the
previous year.
The full analysis is here: http://www.johnniewalker-santiago.blogspot.com
Best wishes
John