[Gocamino] [saintjames] Re: Wise pilgrim

Robert Spenger rspenger at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 18 10:11:59 PDT 2013

The catch is that, on a search of the iTunes store for one of the guides, the iPad comes up with a message that says it is not found. Tapping the iPhones button brings up all the guides. To me, this implies that they are not available for pads, but only for the phones. That is why I sent the message to the forums. I just went ahead and purchased it anyway. It did download and open. However, the only information provided is an elevation profile of the route and the fact that it is some 9,000 km from my present location. The profile is not much use, since there is no zoom feature and the presentation is too small in scale to be of value. I can't tell if it is a result of not being designed for pad use or if it requires a faster internet service than is available in remote areas - like here in the Eastern Sierra region or in the small villages along the camino.

Bob S.