[Gocamino] BAGGAGE TRANSFERS/hotels SARRIA TO SANTIAGO de compostello

Sil sillydoll at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 06:57:32 PST 2013

Joanie sent a reply but it seems to have come to me only.  I hope you don't
mind Joanie if l copy it here for everyone to read.

Sil,
In 2010, by the time I reached Galicia, I had gotten tired of carting the pack
along (I became ill with bronchitis while walking that year). I sent my
pack ahead without booking and in two places, there was no room at the inn
(Oct 2010, the Holy Year). Simply asked for my pack and referrals for other
lodging or where the nearest TI was, and away I went. No problems. I can
see where this might have changed with onslaught of pilgrims, but to be
honest, I can't see hotel people checking all the bags that come off the
taxi against their booking sheet-- they don't have the time, nor the
will,to do that. That said,
I know of hotels in Santiago that make a standard policy of not accepting
bags at all unless the patron is present.

I think I would prefer to book ahead - but then I am a bit of a wuss!