[Gocamino] History has been made: more than 10, 000 American pilgrims have arrived in Santiago this year.

Joanie Hess jethess777 at aol.com
Mon Dec 2 07:23:26 PST 2013

John--   The Camino is starting to enjoy media exposure in the United States.  I was at Catholic Mass service yesterday and picked up a copy of the weekly diocesan newspaper and it featured an article about a retired man who walked the French route.  I was at a bookstore browsing for Christmas gifts and came across Lonely Planet's "Great Journeys" in which the Camino is listed.  It's in Rick Steves' travel guide to Spain.  This is to say nothing of the impact of the movie "The Way" (available on Netflicks, as well as DVD), and now "Six Ways to Santiago."  So the Camino appears to be less of a secret these days!
 -Joanie Hess
SoCal