[Gocamino] Starting, Walking, Stamps Etc

Jeff P. Crim jpcrim1974 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 07:58:25 PDT 2013

My wife and I are newlyweds (3 months), and while we were dating we
began walking. hiking, and biking. Next month we are going to do a short
section hike of the Appalachian Trail, and since we realized that the
route we drive to go visit her family in PA roughly parallels the AT, we
are also planning to do some day hikes en route to and from this summer.

We are also planning to take a vacation next year. She's been to Europe
many times, and I never have. Tentatively we are talking about making
the Camino part of that.  We cannot plan our trip around the entire
Camino Frances. But instead of walking only the last 100km from Sarria
to Santiago, I was wondering about doing a hybrid thing like we are
doing on the AT. If we were to do some short day hikes on the earlier
sections and then take the bus or train to Sarria and walk to Santiago:
That would certainly get us the Compostella as we would have walked
100km. My question is: would it be inappropriate to collect stamps in
our credentials for those earlier sections since they will be separated
from the last 100km by vehicle travel?