[Gocamino] ATM cards with chips

Rachel Yobs rachelyobs at comcast.net
Mon Oct 1 15:09:57 PDT 2012

While it's true that chip-and-pin credit cards are scarce in the US, it is very easy to obtain pre-paid chip-and-pin cards here. Travelex carries them, at kiosks in most airports with international connections, or online. I carry one for the odd ticket kiosk or other unattended vending machine; so one doesn't need to load a very large sum on the card. Then use your regular ATM card for cash withdrawals, and a regular credit card (swipe type) for attended purchases at shops, hotels, and restaurants.

Bon Chemin!

Sent from my iPhone