[Gocamino] walking with tablets

Richard Ferguson richard at fergusonsculpture.com
Sun Jan 22 14:42:15 PST 2012

As far as charging them, you need to look at the power supply.  The reader itself runs on a low DC voltage.  Many of the modern chargers for phones and computers are 110/240V rated, usually for both 50 and 60 hz, so the only issue is the connector.   All you need to do is put on your strongest glasses and look at the fine print on the charger.

This post says that the Nook can be charged by any USB charger, but it takes a long time if you don't use the special Nook charger.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/Nook-Color-charger-uses-special-micro-USB-connector/td-p/1093812

This post says that the Nook charger is in fact 110/240V and 50/60 hz, so that means you are OK anywhere.

As far as the Sony, this charger says it is 110/240V.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Digital-PRS-600SC-PRS-300sc-PRS-900/dp/B001EMI47Y

You would probably be ok with either from the standpoint of voltage.  If by any chance you end up with the wrong charger it sounds like other dual voltage chargers are available.

My biggest issue with any of those items is the battery life, especially since it is usually a hassle to charge anything unless you are staying in a hotel.

Richard