[Gocamino] Winter images from the Route Napoleon

Tim tim at errecaldia.com
Tue Dec 11 04:36:01 PST 2012

Hi All,
I have now posted another set of images on my Flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/timproctorerrecaldia/

They were taken yesterday, the weather wasn't as good as that on Sunday
but not too bad. I drove up the hill, sorry if that upsets any purists
but I wanted to be very sure that I could get off the mountain quickly
if the weather changed. I drove a little beyond the point where the
Madonna is on the rock outcrop but the snow got very deep and trusty 4x4
was not happy so I backed off.
It's so very different from the Spanish side, no tree cover, very
exposed and potentially very dangerous. There's lot's of life up there
still as I think you can see from the tracks on one of the photos. Apart
from the vultures I saw two foxes and three mountain ponies. No pilgrims
I am glad to say.
I hope you find these enjoyable.
Take care
Tim