[Gocamino] Iberia Air Connections

Glenn Jilek guha2005 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:53:53 PDT 2012

I went to the Iberia Airlines site to check fares to Spain this summer.  I found a reasonable (by today's standards) round trip fare, but there was one hitch.  The return flight that they offered for this fare would have me arriving in Madrid from Santiago at 10:45 and my Chicago bound flight is supposed to leave at 11:50.  That seems very close timing to me, but that is what Iberia has laid out.  I know that I would be in the same terminal, and I also would have just carry on luggage, but does this connection seem possible to those of you who may have had to transfer flights in Madrid?  What would happen if I missed the international flight because I could not make the connection in time?  Since Iberia suggested the flights, are they liable to either put me up for the night or find me a new flight, or would I be just "out of luck".

I am wondering if the stress of making that flight home is worth the money I would be saving....  Any opinions????????????

Glenn