[Gocamino] trip summary - Camino Mozárabe

Ralph Alcorn rbalcorn at gmail.com
Wed May 25 11:23:30 PDT 2011

We didn't ask the locals that, but our experience was that after about two
days of sun the trails were quite passable. We had a day or two where the
sun was intense, so it doesn't take long. We had full rain gear on for most
days, umbrellas for sun protection the others. The rivers however, stayed
high for several days longer. Don't know if you saw any of the news reports
on flooding in southern Spain.

If you cherish the fellowship of other hikers, this is not the trail to
take, but otherwise it is a memorable (good) experience. The distances are
not extreme, with a couple of exceptions. If you can comfortably do a 25km
day, you will be ok. A place or two a taxi can give you a head start, or you
will have to detour over to the highway to find accommodations, and then
road walk a bit. We haven't done after Cordoba, but that section has one
38km day. We took a tent to deal with that.

The towns were large enough to hold our interest, and Granada, Cordoba and
off route - Sevilla were fascinating cities - worth several days.

--
Ralph Alcorn
http://www.backpack45.com/camino2.html