[Gocamino] Shipping packages to Santiago

Rosina blaroli at aol.com
Thu Jun 16 18:28:28 PDT 2011

Wherever and from what-ever one may come or break out?from?we are? startlingly? the same when it comes to establishing procedures for this and that...... as pilgrims confirm? when in there walking day-in-day-out, this-hill-that-hill. this-walkway-that-route. in the Camino.
For?significantly?many legal purposes in New York State a "reasonable time" elapses after three months.? Well, postal employees in Santiago inform that packages not claimed within t this informationhree months are moved to an "inactive" storage to be disposed of under applicable local? authorized procedures to that effect.
As mentioned, pilgrims' packages are particularly looked after, and, to insure the special attention one should mark a package some prominent place with the words SANTIAGO PEREGRIN/O/A.? Many postoffices in Spain have stickers available with this information.
Again, in my umpteen pilgrimages, and those of close friends,? package-senders all for year and years,? none of us has ever had the slightest problem with the mail system in Spain.
Would that?it were so in my hometown.?
Hugs!
Rosina

?